World Financial Crisis
What you can do
Don’t let global financial doom drag you down, take some personal control of your financial situation.
The library has excellent resources for:
2008 was the year of international financial crisis, with trouble on Wall Street and the start of a world-wide round of bank bailouts. Today the effects rumble on, particularly in Europe. This page links to useful resources to help understand the crisis and all the accompanying financial jargon.
- Layman’s finance crisis glossary
- Interest.co.nz New Zealand website keeps you up-to-date with financial information.
- Reserve Bank of New Zealand Our central bank. Maintains the stability and efficiency of the financial system.
- BBC economy and useful resources including Finance Crisis In Graphics,Where has all the money gone ( insight into how the modern banking system works) and a timeline of events leading to the crisis.
- The Reckoning articles from the New York Times
- Economic Meltdown 101 audio slideshow from The Age which gives a straightforward background to the the crisis.
Resources in our libraries
- Finance and Investment recommended websites from the Internet Gateway
- Economics recommended websites from the Internet Gateway
- Financial Crises resources in our collection
- Try “world credit crunch” in our 360Degree Search and you will find a vast array of articles and other information on what is happening
- A Dictionary of Finance and Banking
Published by Oxford University Press, 2008. Electronic Resource from Oxford Reference Online.
Access this with your library card number and PIN, or at our libraries.