This page links to library services and useful information for parents and families.
- Starting school
- Resources to help you choose a school for your child and get them ready to start school.
- Library events calendar
- Includes programmes for kids, pre-schoolers and classes held at the Learning Centres.
- Parenting links
- Useful web sites in our Internet Gateway for parents. They cover issues including health, pregnancy and childbirth, and gifted children.
- CINCH Community Information Christchurch
- CINCH lists parenting courses, support organisations, and school holiday programmes.
- Children in our libraries
- Our policies on unattended children in our libraries.
Christchurch City Libraries has an outreach programme for parents. Our Outreach Librarians are able to visit your centre or parent group to enrol children as library members, share tips on reading to children and describe what we have to offer parents and children. Please contact us to make a booking.
In our learning section, we have guides to helping your children learn to read:
We also have reading lists for children.
More library resources for families
- Adoption guide
- Find out how to find out about your birth parents.
- How to make the most of your finances.
- Family Christmas
- Resources and links to help families enjoy Christmas together.
- Family history
- Our guide to researching your family’s history.
- Stories to go
- Pick up a bag of pre-selected books, DVDs, CDs and puzzle books for children.