- Migrants’ Guide to Christchurch
- Helpful information for new migrants settling in Christchurch from Christchurch City Council. Transport, schools, banking, finding work, health, improving your English, shopping etc.
- Ethnic groups in Christchurch Christchurch
- From CINCH
- New Settlers
- an introduction to library services for new settlers to Christchurch. Also available in Arabic, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Persian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Somali, Thai and Vietnamese
- AEN - Aotearoa Ethnic Network
- AEN Journal
- Apply and Settle
- Information from Immigration New Zealand for people wanting to visit, work, study or settle permanently here.
- Directory on cultural diversity
- The New Zealand Directory on Cultural Diversity, published by the Centre for Citizenship Education (CCE) is a partnership project with the Diversity Action Programme. This brings information on government departments, crown entities, state owned enterprises, information and services and help with rights and the law alongside content focused on helping culturally diverse New Zealanders and host society agencies work with each other.
- English Language Partners New Zealand
- This organisation trains and matches volunteers to help new settlers with English and settlement. They have hundreds of volunteers working for the scheme.
(was called ESOL Home Tutors).
- ESL news
- The aim of this site is to help people to understand spoken English by presenting items at a slower speed and by giving a written text for support also to give some background to New Zealand culture
- ESOL resources Christchurch
- Practical activities and field trips are designed to help you teach ESOL students about the roles and services of the Christchurch City Council, a territorial council, and Environment Canterbury (ECan) a regional council.
- Life in New Zealand : Settlement Experiences of Skilled Migrants
- This report details the findings from the 2007 Settlement Experience Feedback Survey (SEFS) of migrants who took up residence in New Zealand through the Skilled/Business Stream from January 2006 to June 2006.
- Living in New Zealand
- A guide for new migrants. You'll find information and useful contacts for many aspects of New Zealand life.
- Massey University New Settlers Programme
- Hosts on going research reports relating to new settlers. This research is undertaken by the School of Sociology at Massey University.
- Migration Research Group
- The Migration Research Group (MRG) is an affiliate of the Population Studies Centre in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the University of Waikato. It includes excellent research on migrants and refugees in New Zealand
- New Kiwis
- Aims to link the skills of migrants to job vacancies. Provides an information centre for new migrants. An employment project by the Auckland Chamber of Commerce and funded by the New Zealand Immigration Service.
- New Zealand Citizenship Office
- Official government agency which handles applications for New Zealand citizenship and other citizenship matters.Office in Christchurch.
- New Zealand Federation of Multicultural Councils
- Established in 1989 and acts as an umbrella organization for the ethnic communities of new Zealand. The primary role is to advocate,lobby, support and share information among the Regional Councils
- New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS)
- The Office of Ethnic Affairs Te Tari Matawaka
- Provides a referral and information service for ethnic communities and policy advice to government.
- Office of Ethnic Affairs Community Directory
- Directory of groups that work with ethnic communities
- Settlement Support Welcome to Christchurch
- This is a "one stop shop" that aims to support the information needs of new settlers to Christchurch especially around the topics of Health, Housing, Employment and Education. Funded by DoL to improve information access for new settlers
- Studying in New Zealand
- Information from the Immigration Service