Whenua - Land
- Māori Land Court Minute Books Index (MLCMBI)
- Easy and quick access to and index of over 1100 minute books between 1865 and 1910, from the Taitokerau, Waikato-Maniapoto, Tairawhiti, Waiariki, Aotea, Takitimu, and Waipounamu Māori Land Court Districts. Index only. For more information see about the Māori Land Court Minute Books
Access this with your library card number and PIN, or at our libraries.
- Māori land online
- From Te Kooti Whenua Māori , The Māori Land Court, searchable database for holdings of tribal land. Searchable by name of individual owner, trust, or block.
- Māori place names
- A list from the Māori Language Commission.
- Māori Plant Use Database Ngā Tipu Whakoranga
- Information on traditional uses by Māori of New Zealand native plants. From Landcare research.
- The Māori Law Review
- Often contains information related to land claims / occupations
- Office of Treaty Settlements Te Tari Whakatau Take e pa ana Ki te Tiriti o Waitangi
- The Office of Treaty Settlements (OTS) negotiates, on behalf of the Crown, settlement of historical Treaty of Waitangi claims with Māori claimant groups.
- Tī Kōuka Whenua - Tī Kōuka: A symbol for our city
- local Māori history of Christchurch and surrounding area.
- Waitangi Tribunal Te Ropu Whakamana i te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Established by the Treaty of Waitangi Act 1975. It is a permanent commission of inquiry and consists of 16 members appointed by the Governor-General on the recommendation of the Minister of Māori Affairs. The Tribunal's role is to make recommendations on claims brought by Māori relating to the practical application of the Treaty and to determine whether certain matters are inconsistent with the principles of the Treaty.
- Wakatu Incorporation
- Administers land on behalf of Ngati Rarua, Ngati Koata, Ngati Tama and Te Ati Awa owners.