The library has resources to help you with your travels.
Browse our catalogue
Our travel related material includes:
- Mango Languages
- Mango is an online language learning system that can help you learn a variety of selected languages. It also contains instructions on how to learn English if you are a native Korean, Japanese or Mandarin speaker.
- Travel and Tourism
- Our Internet Gateway includes sections with links to airlines, embassies, travel guides, advisories and health.
- Our Internet Gateway links to online map services for around the world and New Zealand.
- Your future - travel
- In Pulse, our teens’ section we provide links and real teens’ stories about their big OE.
- Henry Sunderland - a personal account of Antarctica
- Thirty years ago Henry spent a summer on the ice as a mess cook, occasional cartoonist and part-time cod fisher. Henry tells how the Antarctic changed his life and how he delivered the first gnome to the South Pole in 1977.
- Over Here Or Over There? Stay in NZ or go overseas?
- We may be a popular destination for international visitors, but at any one time, around one in five New Zealanders can be found living and working overseas.
See our If You Like… guides for great reading from around the world.
Our blog has some interesting posts about travel.