Christchurch City Libraries connects you with the world of art through books, magazines, and web sites.
- Art and design
- This guide has been developed to help you make the most of the print and electronic arts resources at our libraries
- Fine Arts
- Art sites linked to from our internet gateway
Art in Christchurch and Canterbury
- Arts, crafts and hobbies
- Art courses and organisations listing from CINCH.
- Digitised Art Publications
- This collection of digitised publications includes historic exhibition catalogues and newsletters of the Canterbury Society of Arts, Robert McDougal Art Gallery, The Group and more.
- Māori Art
- Articles, interviews and projects about māori carving and weaving.
- Two collections of digitised local posters: 1980s rock posters and the 1981 Springbok Tour.
- Public Art
- A resource linking you to information about public art in Christchurch.
- Rita Angus
- Rita Angus: Life & Vision features 141 works drawn from public and private collections throughout New Zealand. From 5 March until July 7 2009 at Christchurch Art Gallery Te Puna o Waiwhetu.
- Cecil Beaton
- An exhibition of Cecil Beaton portraits from 27 May to 10 September 2006.
- William Morris
- From 4th March to 29th June 2008 the Christchurch Art Gallery Te Puna o Waiwhetu exhibited Morris & Co. The World of William Morris, the largest collection of the famous furnishings ever seen in New Zealand.
- Ron Mueck
- Christchurch Art Gallery Te Puna o Waiwhetu is playing host to the Ron Mueck exhibition from 2 October 2010 to 23 January 2011