Terms of Commercial Use of Images
These terms apply together with and form part of Christchurch City Libraries Terms and Conditions for Digital Collections.
On requesting an Image for Commercial Use (as defined in the Terms and Conditions for Digital Collections), you agree that:
- By requesting or downloading an Image for Commercial Use you agree to a non-exclusive right to reproduce, transmit or copy the Image.
- Unless Christchurch City Libraries has separately agreed to you retaining a copy of the Image for a longer period, you must delete all digital or archived copies of the Image within 60 days after you have used it for the Commercial Use for which it was obtained.
- You agree not to sell, distribute or otherwise deal with the Image or copies of it except strictly in accordance with any permission provided by Christchurch City Libraries. A fee and other terms may apply to any additional use.
- An acknowledgement to Christchurch City Libraries and the owner of copyright in the Image must accompany any reproduction, transmission or copy of an Image on this website. An appropriate acknowledgment is:
© [Owner]. Obtained from the collection, and used with permission, of Christchurch City Libraries.
- Citation details of the Image must also accompany any reproduction, transmission or copy of an Image, for example:
Christchurch City Libraries, File Reference: CCL Map 123456; or
Christchurch City Libraries, File Reference: CCL PhotoCD 2, IMG0003
Further identifying details, such as title, caption, creator or date, can be found with the image on our web site, or by clicking the 'View more information' link, where this is supplied.
The acknowledgement and citation should be reproduced on the same page as the image or at the beginning or end of audiovisual resources.
- In some cases, Christchurch City Libraries may require that the acknowledgement is not included. If so, you agree to comply with such a requirement.
- The Image must be reproduced in full and not cropped or altered in any way, unless Christchurch City Libraries has given its permission for the change.
- You will pay the applicable fee prior to being provided with the Image.
- We remind you that, as set out in the Terms and Conditions for Digital Collections, you are responsible for your use of the Images.
- I, for myself and on behalf of my employer or principal if applicable, understand and agree to these terms and conditions.