Parklands Library / Te Kete Wānanga o Waitikiri
Located next to Parklands shopping centre, the library is a place to meet friends and chat over a coffee, take time out to read and relax, seek information, browse, learn technology skills, hold meetings, and for families to spend time learning and having fun.
- 46 Queenspark Dr
- Christchurch 8083
- workph: +64 3 941 7923
- urlwww: christchurchcitylibraries.com/Parklands/
- Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Services available at all Christchurch City Libraries
- Book a librarian one on one sessions
- Baby changing table in the disabled toilet
- Ditto Café
- Stories to go
- Art at Parklands Library
- 5 public computers with free internet access (4 with 30 minute time limit on sessions; 1 with 15 minute time limit) Please note during the first 6 weeks of each school term there is a bookable computer class at which time the computers are unavailable to the public.
- Scan to USB
- Free wireless internet access
- Christchurch City Libraries events calendar
Events & classes
More information about Parklands Library
Parklands Library was opened in August 2005, the various planning documents, public consultation and photo galleries have been moved to our Bibliofile archive.
Te Kete Wānanga o Waitikiri
Listen to our Māori name:
Get Flash to see this player.
Parklands Library has its very own café, 'Ditto', serving great coffee and tasty snacks throughout the day. As well as a dedicated seating area, library customers can enjoy their drinks and food anywhere in the library, so why not grab a coffee and your favourite magazine, and find a comfy sofa in a quiet corner.
Ditto Café: phone 03 383 4774
- Monday to Friday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Sunday: closed