Find out about:
Services and programmes
Linwood Library and Service Centre at Eastgate now open
Linwood Library and Service Centre at Eastgate opened on Tuesday 30 April 2013 with opening hours of 9am-6pm Monday to Friday and 10am-4pm Saturdays.
Store is now open. Some collections held in Store are still unavailable. We hope to fill holds on Store items by the end of May.
- While libraries are closed, items in those collections are not available to be borrowed.
- Items which are unavailable should now have their status in catalogue records as ‘Currently inaccessible’. The only exception to this is stock held at ‘LRS’. Unfortunately we are unable to change the status of this stock from ‘Available’ to ‘Currently inaccessible’. In time this stock will become available once more.
- Holds may be placed on items held at closed libraries and will be delivered to you when the item becomes available. Your hold will not expire, but may not be delivered for some time.
- Please contact us if you have questions.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
The Berg Fashion Library has been discontinued in the Source from the end of March 2013.
Find out more about our World Languages Collection.
Buildings and facilities
- Central Library Peterborough
- Central Library Tuam
- Diamond Harbour
- Little River
- Linwood at Eastgate
- New Brighton
- Upper Riccarton
The following Christchurch City Libraries are closed until further notice.
|Bishopdale||The Bishopdale Library is closed until further notice. This decision has been made after the Council received the results of a detailed engineering evaluation of the building. The nearby Papanui and Redwood libraries remain open. Find out more from the media release.|
Repair work required plus issues with neighbouring building(s).
Christchurch City Council has received a detailed engineering evaluation of the Central Library in Gloucester Street following the February and June earthquakes. Media coverage of retrieval of books and other items from the Central Library.
Significant damage to the library building. On Monday 29 October 2012, work began on removing stock and equipment.
On Friday 7 December 2012, the Christchurch City Council approved demolition of earthquake-damaged Sumner Library and South Brighton Community Centre. Read the information on the Christchurch City Council agenda and the media release.
- Free music downloads from Christchurch City Libraries Wednesday 1 May 2013
- New Linwood Library and Service Centre at Eastgate to open, Friday 26 April 2013
- Christchurch becomes a music-lover’s paradise, Tuesday 23 April 2013
- Linwood Mini Library to close, Monday 25 March 2013
- Feast for booklovers – Christchurch City Libraries’ annual book sale, Monday 18 March 2013
- Books change lives, Monday 4 March 2013
- Plans underway for new library and service centre at Linwood, Friday 15 February 2013
- Demolition of Sumner Library begins, Wednesday 9 January 2013