Te Reo Māori
This page connects you with Te Reo Māori resources — language books and courses, quizzes, stories and information on our Māori signage and library names.
Learning Te Reo Māori
- Te Reo Māori resources
- A list of resources in our libraries and online for learning Te Reo Māori.
- Reo Māori courses
- Search CINCH for community courses in the greater Christchurch area.
- A Beginner’s Kete
- A tool to help you learn the basics of the Māori language.
- Te Kupu o te rā - Words of the Week
- Learn about colours and days of the week in Te Reo Māori.
- A fun quiz to test your reo.
Te Reo Māori books
- Māori stories for kids
- A selection of stories available in Te Reo Māori in our Kids If you like … section.
- Te Reo Māori - fiction and non fiction
- List of books in Te Reo Māori.
- Pikihuia Awards for Māori writers
- These awards were established by Huia Publishers to identify and foster Māori writing talent in both the English and Māori languages.
Te Reo Māori at Christchurch City Libraries
- Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori / Māori Language Week
- At Christchurch City Libraries/Ngā Kete Wānanga o Ōtautahi we have been supporting the kaupapa of Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori over the past years in many ways.
- Te Whata Raki
- Come and discover the new world inside Te Whata Raki. Explore our new online world with your guide, Whetumarama. Learn about some traditional stories, told through waiata, pictures and other web resources before trying out the quiz.
- Reo Māori
- Selected Māori Language web sites from our Ara Ipurangi mō te Iwi Māori / Internet Gateway.
- Bi-lingual signs
- The signage that we use in our libraries - with sound files so that you can hear the pronunciation.
- Library Names
- The stories of our libraries’ Māori names.
- Information about viewing macrons on our web site.
- He Manawa o te Reo
- Our Māori Language Week newsletter from 1998 to 2006.