- Born 1 August 1950 in Christchurch.
- Trained in mechanical engineering, and worked as a design engineer.
- Established own business making stained glass and lights.
- Married Kirsteen Price and had three children - Sam, Isabelle and Jessica.
- Began designing motorcycles and developed the Britten V1000 using his own design and construction techniques to make a faster, lighter "superbike".
- After years of mixed success Andrew Stroud won the world individual BEARS championship in 1995 riding a Britten bike.
- Died on 5 September 1995 from a malignant melanoma.