Wars and conflicts
This page is an index of items that we have digitised that relate to wars and conflicts.
- Canterbury’s demonstration on the departure of the N.Z. Rough Riders for South Africa, Hagley Park, Saturday Feb. 17, 1900.
- The programme and the order of events for the farewell of the Canterbury contingent of the New Zealand Mounted Rifles held in Hagley Park.
- Christchurch Militia List 1860
- An alphabetical list of all Persons, between the ages of 18 and 60 years, residing within 15 miles from the Land Office, at Christchurch, and liable to serve as Militiamen for the year 1860-61 (ending 31st March, 1861) in the Militia District of Christchurch.
- A paper advocating the formation of a North Canterbury defence league
- The author’s concern about a war between the British Empire and Germany leads him to propose the formation of a league to defend the port of Lyttelton and Canterbury. 1909.
- Volunteer encampment and inspection, Christchurch, 15th April 1865
- An engraving of the encampment of various Volunteer Corps at Hillsborough from our archives.
We have digitised quite a lot of World War One material so it is on a separate page.
- Norfolk Island diary and other jottings, World War II, 1941-1943.
- Notebook diary written by George Whitley, N.Z.E. (Corps of Royal New Zealand Engineers), who was posted to Norfolk Island during World War II. Diary begins in September 1942 and ends in April 1943.
- The Transport. Z. 6.
- A small magazine published during the voyage of the First Echelon, 2nd NZEF to Egypt, on board HMNZ Transport Z.6., M.S. Sobieski.
- Women against Hitler…
- Published by National Executive of the Communist Party of New Zealand, 
- World War II Local Defences Trail
- The Sumner Redcliffs Historical Society invites you to a self-guided walk of approximately five kilometres, passing places of interest to those who wish to imagine what the area looked like in the years from 1939 to 1945.