About TumbleBook Library
Access to an online collection of animated books which teach kids the joy of reading. Also included are games, quizzes, videos and puzzles.
TumbleBooks are created by adding animation, sound, music and narration to existing books in order to produce an electronic book! TumbleBook Library offers:
- Story Books: old and new favourites!;
- TumblePuzzles and Games: online puzzles, concentration games and spelling games;
- Language Learning: a growing selection of bilingual books in mainly French and Spanish;
- iPad books: many of your favourite TumbleBooks accessible on your iPads, iPhone 4s, and 4th generation iPod Touches;
- Read alongs: books that combine adjustable text and color with complete narration and text highlighting;
- NonFiction books: titles like: Animals in Camouflage and Who Likes The Rain?;
- Videos: where topics such as science, animals and geography are discussed.
TumbleBooks are designed to be experienced in either automatic or manual mode. In automatic mode, the pages turn by themselves and are narrated. In manual mode, the narration is turned off and children turn the pages at their own speed.
The pause button stops the story at any time in order to practice story prediction, interpret pictures, discuss new words or encourage problem solving.
The TumbleBook Library provides enrichment to students who are reading independently and provides support to students who require skill building. Can be used by ESOL and in Special Education areas.
If you are looking for content for young adults such as graphic novels try: TumbleBookCloud.
If you just want to play games try: BusyThings