About Opposing Viewpoints in Context
Access to a rich resource for perspectives on major contentious social, political, and technological issues.
Opposing viewpoints provides balanced information from both sides of social, political and technological debates. It allows you to access:
- More than 14,000 pro/con viewpoint essays and topic overviews;
- Primary documents and court case overviews;
- Biographies of social activists and reformers;
- Full text magazines, academic journals and reference titles;
- Statistical tables and graphs;
- Nearly 70,000 images and a link to Google Image Search.
Opposing Viewpoints in Context aims to help develop and strengthen our critical thinking skills. From offshore drilling to climate change, eating disorders to gun control, all issues are covered. This resource helps people conduct research and prepare for debates and presentations. It also helps anyone who likes to be informed on today's issues in general!
Search tips [712Kb PDF]