About Literacy Planet
Fun learn to read resource for children. Includes pre-reading skills, practice exercises and basic mathematics.
Set up a new account with your library card number and email address.
Literacy Planet is a learn-to-read literacy and numeracy resource for children of all abilities. Children can create characters and earn rewards in return for completing fun tasks. Literacy Planet focuses on pre-reading skills, phonics, reading, spelling, vocabulary, grammar and comprehension. Basic mathematics and math concepts also included.
Important note for parents creating new accounts:
To create an account for the children in your family, you need your library card number and an email address. A maximum of four family members can be added per library card and email address.
Literacy Planet only allows you one opportunity to add multiple user accounts for children. If you have several family members who want to use Literacy Planet via your account, you must sign them up at the same time as you create your account. To do this:
- Go to the Literacy Planet sign-up page
- Complete the information in the Student Details section.
- If adding more than one child, click Add another student and complete the details for each.
- Enter your details — including a library card number and a valid email address.
Note: Literacy Planet sends username and password details to this email address.
- Click Create Account! A “Congratulations!” screen appears with confirmation of the usernames and passwords for the children’s accounts. Literacy Planet will also email this information to you.
- Each child can sign into their Student Login at Literacy Planet, using their automatically assigned usernames and passwords.
Need help? Contact us
If you have forgotten your password or wish to add additional children after you have created your account, please contact us by phone, email or our live chat service, LiveOnline. Our database help also answers frequently-asked questions.