About Credo Reference
Access to online full text reference books on every major subject from leading publishers. Information includes images, sound files, animations and videos.
Credo Reference contains searchable and browsable online reference books from some of the world’s leading publishers, including Bloomsbury and Penguin. Interactive features include:
- Images, video, animations and audio content such as poems, plays and music;
- Browsing by subject groupings and creating a "concept map"– a visual display of available material;
- Gadgets including a crossword solver, quotations search and a conversion tool;
- A multilingual interface – English, Chinese, French, Spanish and Urdu are currently available;
- Bookmark and share entries using Twitter, Facebook and more;
- Citation management – export saved results to the user’s tool of choice, such as EndNote.
Credo Reference was formerly known as Xrefer Plus, which initially provided free access to several dozen reference works before expanding its catalogue and renaming itself as Credo Reference in 2007. Titles include:
- Who’s Who in the Old Testament;
- The Faber Companion to 20th Century Popular Music;
- Black’s Medical Dictionary;
- Chambers Dictionary of the Unexplained;
- Philip’s World Fact Book.