150 Anniversary Tukutuku Panels
Thirty three Christchurch City Libraries staff teams - from managers to shelvers - created their own unique contemporary tukutuku panels with help from customers during Matariki 2009. They commemorate the 150th anniversary of public library service in Christchurch and will adorn the walls of your libraries for the next 150 years.
Library teams took up the challenge to create tukutuku out of contemporary materials, using plastic, wool, ribbons, beading, computer parts and cables to represent their work, community and environment. It was a team-building exercise during which the skills of communication, co-operation and co-ordination went hand in hand with design and creative techniques such as weaving, embroidering, braiding, gluing, and painting.
- Aotearoa New Zealand Centre
- Centre for the Child
- Collection Access & Distribution
- Customer Welcome
- Tukutuku Panels competition - Shirley Library has won the online poll
- Library Art in our Digitised Collection
- Pūawaitanga o te Ringa - Fruits of our busy hands
- 150th Tukutuku Project collection on Flickr
- Tukutuku panels set to be revealed 22 July 2009
- Community to contribute to Libraries’ anniversary Māori art project 3 June 2009
- Libraries offer a full storehouse of activities for Matariki 28 May 2009
- Library staff get artistic with anniversary panels, 20 April 2009