Central Library Tuam - Te Kete Wānanga o Tuam
Central Library Tuam is open at 121 Tuam Street from Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm, and Saturday and Sunday 10am - 5pm.
- 121 Tuam Street,
- Christchurch 8013
- workph: +64 3 941 7923
- faxfax: +64 3 353 0745
- urlwww: christchurchcitylibraries.com/Central/Tuam/
- Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm
- Saturday and Sunday 10am - 5pm
Central Library Tuam is convenient for bus users as it is located next to the Central Station bus exchange.
Parking outside the library is available for library customers, including disabled access. Access is available via Tuam Street only.
Additional parking nearby in the Re:Start car park, Lichfield Street. $1 per hour. 160 parking bays available.
Please note that CBD access can change depending on demolition and other work. Check the CERA Red zone cordon map for best route.
Our collection includes more than 70,000 items including:
- A selection of the material retrieved from the Aotearoa New Zealand collection in the Central Library on Gloucester Street.
- CDs and DVDs
- Children’s and young adults’ material
- World languages collection - a collection of books and magazines in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai and Vietnamese. A selection of Hindi magazines is also available.
- Motor manuals
Most of the collection is from the Central Library in Gloucester Street as well as new items.
- Services available at all Christchurch City Libraries.
- Book a librarian one on one sessions
- New self service kiosks.
- Christchurch City Libraries’ events calendar.
- Public toilets just outside the door.
- Escarto Espresso is now parked outside the library entrance.
- The Christchurch Art Gallery shop is next door to the library at 40 Lichfield Street.
Computers and Internet access
- 32 public computers with free internet access (60 minute time limit on sessions for library customers; 30 minutes for visitor logins)
- 1 designated Family History computer (60 minute time limit on sessions)
- 1 designated Press Display computer
- Free wireless internet access
- 5 children’s computers
- Printing and photocopying
- Scan to USB