Central Library Peterborough - Te Kete Wānanga o Peterborough
Central Library Peterborough is open at 87-91 Peterborough Street from Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm, and Saturday and Sunday 10am - 5pm.
- 91 Peterborough Street,
- Christchurch 8013
- workph: +64 3 941 7923
- urlwww: christchurchcitylibraries.com/Central/Peterborough/
- Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm
- Saturday and Sunday 10am - 5pm
Check Metro bus information for buses in the area.
Parking outside the library is available for library customers, including disabled access.
Please note that CBD access can change depending on demolition and other work. Check the CERA Red zone cordon map for best route.
Our collection includes more than 70,000 items including:
- CDs and DVDs,
- Family history resources and microfilm newspapers (including the Church Registers Index and dedicated Family History computers),
- Ngā Pounamu Māori and the Ngāi Tahu collections,
- Talking books,
The languages available are Afrikaans, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Persian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish. Some children’s material is available in these languages. The Polish collection of over 200 titles was launched on 21 March 2013. The creation of this collection has been strongly supported by the Polish Association of Christchurch and by the Polish Embassy. It replaces a private collection which the Polish community was not able to retrieve following the 22 February 2011 earthquake.
- Services available at all Christchurch City Libraries
- Book a librarian one on one sessions
- There is no café at the library, but on weekdays The Flying Cup coffee cart parks nearby on the corner of Colombo and Peterborough Streets.
- New self service kiosks
- Public toilets in the library, including disabled access
- Events & classes - see calendar below
Computers & internet access
Take a tour inside the library
Events & classes
Richard Killeen: The inner binding is a Christchurch Art Gallery Outer Spaces project in association with Christchurch City Libraries. This art work decorates the windows of the Central Peterborough Library.