Central Library First Floor
View this floor plan as a pdf [834kb PDF]
- Books and videos on arts, DIY, non-New Zealand genealogy, health, history, languages, religions, sciences, sport, technology, business and computing
- Directories collection - trade, statistics & telephone
- Adult literacy and ESOL English language skills
- World Languages including magazines
- Language courses - CDs and tapes for learning many European, Asian and other languages
- Internet computers and premium websites
- Maps, road atlases
- Motor manuals - an extensive collection of manuals for cars, trucks, four wheel drives & motorcycles
- Music Scores - an extensive collection of classical scores and popular songbooks
- Study zone and general encyclopaedias
This staff assisted area contains a black and white and colour photocopier.
Trained and qualified staff
- Book a librarian - explore your topic with a librarian for free
- Inter-library loan - borrow books, music, magazine articles from libraries in New Zealand, or overseas if necessary, when we do not hold these items. There is a cost for this service.
Pamphlets about health, law, what's happening in Christchurch.
Pamphlets about courses and classes held in Christchurch.